WhatsApp Security Feature will save you from many Spams
If you don’t have the latest version, head to the iOS App Store and hit the update button. You’ll see the version number listed below the “What’s New” section in the store.
Here’s Here is How to Activate the WhatsApp Authentication Feature in iPhone:
- To activate the new authentication feature you’ll need to open WhatsApp and head to the settings page.
- On iOS, this can be found by opening the app and looking for “Settings” on the row of icons on the bottom of your screen.
- When in settings press the “account” menu item
- Now head to “privacy” from within the new menu that appears.
- Now enable the faceID or TOuch ID just according to your choice and device
When WhatsApp biometric security feature is enabled, the preview snapshot of the app will go empty and will not display anything. As right now this feature is only available to iOS users, so anyone who wants to preview new features like this should apply for the Testflight for WhatsApp. Due to huge demand, only a small number of beta testers are allowed at one time. Some people may quit the Testflight beta program, so one should keep an eye on this page.
Android users will definitely get this Authentication feature too but I guess it will take time.