All Pakistani and Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) citizens are eligible to apply for the 2022-23 Chinese Government Scholarship Program (CGSP) at the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
For Pakistani students who want a chance to study and research in prestigious Chinese universities, the China Scholarship Council (CSC) and China’s Ministry of Education have formed the China Graduate Scholarship Program (CGSP).
The following are the most critical aspects of CGSP 2022-23 that you should be aware of.
Scholarships are available at the following levels under the CGSP 2022-23:
- Students in their final year of college (4-5 years of study tenure).
- Bachelor’s (2-3 years of study tenure).
- The doctoral degree (3-4 years of research tenure).
Mandatory During your time of study or research, you will be able to take up to two years of Chinese language preparation classes.
Eligibility Requirements / Restrictions
- Pakistani and AJK nationals and permanent residents of Pakistan and AJK are required to apply for this position. Non-eligibility for dual nationals
- In order to be eligible for BS scholarships, applicants must have completed at least 12 years of high school education.
- They must be under the age of 25 at the time of the deadline.
- Prior to the application deadline for MS scholarships, candidates must hold a relevant first-class degree (BS/16 years of education).
- On or before the deadline, they must be under the age of 35.
- Candidates must have a relevant first-class qualification by the closing date for Ph.D. scholarships (MS/MPhil/17-18 years of education).
- At the time of application, they must be younger than 40 years of age.
- To be considered for admission to a Chinese university, all applicants must also meet the requirements of CSC.
- The scholarship is not open to students awaiting results or who are currently receiving any other scholarships.
Both the CSC and the HEC websites require online applications from all interested students. We will not consider applications sent in any other way. Applicants whose applications are not submitted through both portals will be disqualified.
In addition, applicants should submit all supporting documentation in the required format when submitting their applications. As a result, the applications they submit will be turned down if not as per requirements.
The HEC Web Site
After completing their profiles and registering with HEC’s Online Portal, candidates can apply for the CGSP 2022-23. In addition, they must deposit Rs. 1,000 (non-refundable) in the Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Sector H-9, Islamabad, account number 17427900133401. All HBL branches in Pakistan offer the option of making deposits online.
Before submitting their applications, students must upload a scanned copy of their deposit slip to the HEC Online Portal.
When using the CSC’s Online Portal, select Program Type: A and Agency No.5861 to submit an application for the CGSP 2022-23 cycle.
These documents are only required of those who have been shortlisted for an interview.
- Original fee receipt/deposit slip and a copy of the signed application form downloaded from the HEC and CSC online portals.
- Domicile and equivalence certificates issued by the IBCC or HEC should be provided.
- A study plan or research proposal of 200 words for a BS degree, 800 words for an MS degree, and 1500 words for a Ph.D. degree. Only Ph.D. applicants will be able to submit copies of their research papers and accomplishments.
- Two original letters of recommendation/reference from professors/associate professors from prior universities must be submitted. (This is only applicable to MS and Ph.D. applicants.)
- Language proficiency certifications or an IELTS/TOEFL/HSK score are acceptable alternatives (where applicable).
- A copy of your passport that is valid until March 1, 2023.
- A copy of a medical examination issued by a physician who is certified by the government.
- A copy of your police clearance certificate that is no more than six months old is required.
- In the event that the candidates are hired, the employer must provide a letter of authorization.
Master’s and Ph.D. students will each receive a monthly stipend of CNY 3,000 and CNY 3,500 under the CGSP 2022-23 program.
Education fees, administration costs, health insurance, and other academic-related expenses will be covered by Chinese universities.
All recipients of the CGSP 2022-23 must pay for their own travel expenses.
The CGSP 2022-23 applications for the HEC and CSC portals must be submitted by 3 January 2022 if they are to be considered.