Are you a Pakistani citizen who needs to renew your passport? Whether you are living in Pakistan or abroad, you can now renew your passport online in minutes with the Online MRP Web Portal. This is a joint initiative by the Directorate of Passports and the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) with DG & IP.
How to Renew Your Pakistani Passport Online in Minutes
The Online MRP Web Portal allows you to apply for the renewal of your passport without visiting any office or consulate. You can also use it for other services such as reprinting damaged, lost, or exhausted passports, applying for new passports for newly born children, and changing your name after marriage.
In this article, we will show you how to renew your Pakistani passport online in minutes with the Online MRP Web Portal. We will also tell you what documents you need, how much it costs, and what to do after submitting your application.
Requirements for Online Passport Renewal
Before you start your online passport renewal application, make sure you have the following documents ready:
- – A photograph of up to 5MB in size. The photograph should be clear, front-facing, and without any glasses or head covering.
- – A filled fingerprint form. You can download the form from the Online MRP Web Portal and print it out. You will need to capture four fingerprints on the form as instructed by the system.
- – Supporting documents depending on your age and category. For example, if you are applying for a new passport for a newly born child, you will need to upload the child’s birth certificate and both parents’ passports. If you are changing your name after marriage, you will need to upload your marriage certificate and your husband’s passport. You can check the complete list of supporting documents on the Online MRP Web Portal.
- – A valid credit card or debit card (Visa/Master only) for online payment. The fees vary depending on the type of service, the number of pages, and the delivery time. You can check the fee structure on the Online MRP Web Portal.
Steps to Apply for Online Passport Renewal
Once you have all the documents ready, you can follow these steps to apply for online passport renewal:
- 1. Go to the Online MRP Web Portal and click on the ‘Get Started’ button.
- 2. Register your account with your email address and a verification code that will be sent to your email or mobile phone. If you are an overseas Pakistani, you will only receive the code via email.
- 3. Log in to your account and start filling in the online application form for passport renewal. You will need to enter your personal details, address, contact information, and passport details.
- 4. Choose your delivery address for your passport. You can either pick it up from a designated office or have it delivered to your home or office by courier.
- 5. Pay the fees online with your credit card or debit card (Visa/Master only). You will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number after successful payment.
- 6. Upload your photograph and make sure it meets the requirements of size, quality, and background.
- 7. Upload all the supporting documents that are relevant to your category and service type.
- 8. Download and print out the fingerprint form from the Online MRP Web Portal. Capture four fingerprints on the form as instructed by the system and scan it at 600 DPI, JPEG/JPG, and Grayscale. Upload the scanned form to the Online MRP Web Portal.
- 9. Review all the information you have entered and submitted on the Online MRP Web Portal and make sure it is correct and complete. You can edit or delete your application before submitting it but not after.
- 10. Submit your application and wait for your passport to be processed and delivered.
- – There is no refund policy for online passport renewal services. Make sure you enter all the information correctly and upload all the required documents before submitting your application.
- – If you are already registered in the Pak-identity system, you can directly log in to the Online MRP Web Portal with your username and password without creating a new account.
- – If you face any technical issues or have any queries regarding online passport renewal services, you can contact the customer support team of NADRA at +92 51 111 786 100 or email them at [email protected].
We hope this article has helped you learn how to renew your Pakistani passport online in minutes with the Online MRP Web Portal. This is a convenient and hassle-free way to get your passport renewed without visiting any office or consulate. Try it out today and share your experience with us in the comments below.