If you are a Pakistani citizen, you might be interested in knowing who are the members of your family tree according to the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA). NADRA is the official agency that issues computerized national identity cards (CNICs) and maintains the records of all Pakistani citizens. NADRA has recently launched a service that allows you to check and verify your family tree online or by SMS. This service can help you to confirm your family relationships, detect any errors or discrepancies in your records, and report any unauthorized or illegal entries in your family tree. In this article, we will explain how you can use this service to check and verify your NADRA family tree online or by SMS.
How to Check NADRA Family Tree by SMS
One of the easiest ways to check your NADRA family tree is by sending an SMS from your registered mobile number. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the SMS app on your phone.
- Type your 13-digit CNIC number without any spaces in the text box.
- Send it to 8009.
- You will receive an SMS reply with the details of your family members, such as their names, CNIC numbers, and relations with you.
- If all the information is correct, reply with 2 to confirm it to NADRA.
- If any information is incorrect or there is an unknown person in your family tree, reply with 1 to inform NADRA. A representative will contact you from their Islamabad helpline 051-2778009 to resolve the issue.
Note that you need to send the SMS from the same mobile number that you provided at the NADRA registration center while processing your ID card or B-form. If your mobile number is not registered with NADRA, you can visit any NADRA center to register it for free.
How to Check NADRA Family Tree Online
Another way to check your NADRA family tree is by using the online portal of PAK Identity. This is the official website of NADRA where you can apply for various identity products, such as CNIC, NICOP, POC, FRC, etc. You can also use this website to verify your family tree online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to PAK Identity website and register or sign in to your account.
- Click on “New Application” and choose “Issuance of Identity Document (CNIC, NICOP, FRC, POC)”.
- Then choose “Family Registration Certificate (FRC)” and click on “Start Application”.
- Enter your CNIC number and upload your photo.
- Choose your family tree and click on “Save”.
- Now enter the CNIC numbers of all your family members one by one and choose their relations with you. Click on “Add Member” after each entry.
- Click on “Verify My Family” after you are done. You will see green tick marks if the list is verified correctly.
- If there is a red error message, visit your nearest NADRA office to remove any unknown persons from your family tree.
Note that you need to pay a fee for applying for an FRC online. You can pay through debit or credit card or through e-sahulat centers. You will also need to scan and upload your fingerprints and supporting documents online. You can also download Pak Identity Application from Play store as well.
Benefits of Checking NADRA Family Tree
There are many benefits of checking and verifying your NADRA family tree online or by SMS. Some of them are:
- You can ensure that your family records are accurate and up-to-date.
- You can prevent any identity theft or fraud by detecting any strangers or unauthorized persons in your family tree.
- You can report any errors or discrepancies in your records and get them corrected by NADRA.
- You can use your verified family tree for various legal and administrative purposes, such as obtaining passports, visas, inheritance, property, etc.
NADRA has made it easy for Pakistani citizens to check and verify their family trees online or by SMS. This service can help you to confirm your family relationships, detect any errors or discrepancies in your records, and report any unauthorized or illegal entries in your family tree. You can use this service by following the simple steps explained in this article.
We hope you found this article helpful and informative. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know in the comments section below.