X, formerly known as Twitter, is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. It allows users to share their thoughts, opinions, and news in short posts called “tweets”. However, X is not just a place to write text. It also supports various types of media, such as photos, videos, GIFs, and emojis.
But what if you want to communicate with other users more directly and personally? What if you want to hear their voice or see their face? Well, X has good news for you. The platform is introducing audio and video calling features that will let you do just that.
How to Make Audio and Video Calls on X
According to X CEO Elon Musk, the audio and video calling features will be available soon on the X app for iOS, Android, Mac, and PC. You will not need a phone number to use them. Instead, you will be able to call any user who follows you or who has enabled the option to receive calls from anyone.
To make an audio or video call on X, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open the X app and tap on the Messages icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the conversation with the user you want to call or start a new one by tapping on the New Message icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Phone icon at the top right corner of the conversation screen. You will see two options: Audio Call and Video Call.
- Choose the option you prefer and wait for the other user to answer. You can also switch between audio and video during the call by tapping on the Camera icon.
- To end the call, tap on the Red icon at the bottom center of the screen.
You can also make group calls with up to four users by selecting multiple conversations before tapping on the Phone icon.
Why Audio and Video Calls are Important for X
The audio and video calling features are part of Musk’s vision to transform X into a super app that can offer multiple functions beyond social media. Musk wants X to be “the everything app” that can provide “comprehensive communications and the ability to conduct your entire financial world”.
By adding audio and video calls, X is competing with other platforms that already offer similar features, such as Meta’s WhatsApp, Instagram, and Messenger, Google’s Duo and Meet, and Microsoft’s Skype and Teams. However, X has an advantage over these platforms because it has a large and loyal user base that is used to engaging with each other on various topics.
Audio and video calls can also enhance the quality of conversations on X by allowing users to express themselves more clearly and authentically. They can also create more opportunities for collaboration, networking, learning, and entertainment. For example, users can use audio and video calls to:
- Discuss breaking news and events with journalists, experts, and influencers.
- Join live shows and podcasts hosted by celebrities, comedians, and musicians.
- Participate in online classes and workshops taught by educators, coaches, and mentors.
- Share personal stories and experiences with friends, family, and followers.
- Have fun with games, quizzes, trivia, and challenges.
Audio and video calls can also help X to monetize its platform by offering premium features for subscribers or advertisers. For instance, X could charge users for making longer or higher-quality calls or for accessing exclusive content from creators. Alternatively, X could display ads or sponsored messages during or before the calls or offer branded stickers or filters for users to enhance their calls.
What Do You Think?
Audio and video calls are coming soon to X. Are you excited about this new feature? How do you plan to use it? Do you think it will improve your experience on X? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
If you enjoyed this article, please share it with your friends and followers on social media.