Mein is a new romantic drama serial on ARY Digital TV that revolves around the lives of Mubashira Jaffar and Zaid, two individuals who belong to the elite class and have massive pride in their personalities. The drama is written by Zanjabeel Asim Shah, directed by Badar Mehmood, and produced by Muhammad Jerjees Seja. The cast includes Ayeza Khan, Wahaj Ali, Aijaz Aslam, Azekah Daniel, Sabeena Syed, Shahzad Nawaz, Usman Peerzada, and Agha Mustafa Hassan.
Drama Mein – The Wedding Night Scene
Mein Drama Wedding Night Scene Details
The drama has recently aired its ninth episode, which featured a shocking and controversial scene of a wedding night. In the scene, Zaid (Wahaj Ali) forces himself on Mubashira (Ayeza Khan) on their first night after marriage, despite her resistance and pleas. He also slaps her and insults her for being a divorcee. The scene was graphic and disturbing, showing the physical and emotional abuse that Mubashira had to endure from her husband.
The scene has sparked a debate among the viewers, who have expressed their opinions on social media. Some have praised the actors for their brilliant performances and the writer for highlighting the issue of marital rape. They have also appreciated the director for not glorifying the violence and showing the reality of many women who suffer in silence. Others have criticized the scene for being unnecessary and vulgar. They have also questioned the ethics and morals of the channel for airing such content on prime time.
Here are some of the reactions from the fans:
- “This was so hard to watch. I felt so bad for Mubashira. She deserves better. Wahaj Ali and Ayeza Khan acted so well. They made me cry.” – @sana_khan
- “What was the need of showing such a disgusting scene? This is not entertainment. This is vulgarity. ARY should be ashamed of themselves.” – @ali_raza
- “This scene was very important to show the reality of marital rape. Many women face this in our society but they don’t speak up. Kudos to Zanjabeel Asim Shah for writing such a powerful script.” – @fatima_ahmed
- “I am sorry but this scene was too much. I had to switch off the TV. How can they show such things on TV? This is not our culture.” – @asad_malik
- “This scene was very realistic and heartbreaking. Wahaj Ali and Ayeza Khan nailed it. They are such amazing actors. I hope Mubashira gets justice.” – @hira_ali
What are your thoughts on this scene? Do you think it was necessary or not? Let us know in the comments below.