College Gate is a Pakistani drama series that aired on Green Entertainment from July to October 2023. The show revolves around the lives of six college students who face various challenges and opportunities as they navigate their academic and personal journeys. The drama features a mix of new and seasoned actors, such as Khaqan Shahnawaz, Mamya Shajaffar, Nadia Hussain, and Usman Peerzada. The show was written by Ateeq Inayat and Ali Sikandar, produced by Imran Raza and Fasih Ur Rehman, and directed by Fahim Burney.
How College Gate Ended and What the Fans Had to Say
The final episode of College Gate was aired on October 5, 2023. The episode wrapped up the main storylines of the characters, such as Usman’s struggle with drug addiction, Bilal’s pursuit of his singing career, Zara’s decision to become a teacher, and Hina’s reconciliation with her family. The episode also left some questions unanswered, such as the fate of Shuja and Natalia’s relationship, the outcome of Zarrar’s lawsuit, and the future of Asad and Washma’s friendship.
The episode ended with a scene of the six friends celebrating their graduation at the college gate, where they first met. The scene was accompanied by a voice-over narration that summarized the theme of the show: “College is not just a place where we study. It’s a place where we learn, grow, laugh, cry, love, and live. It’s a place where we make memories that last forever. It’s a place where we find ourselves and our true friends.”
What did the fans think?
The final episode of College Gate received mixed reactions from the fans. Some fans loved the ending and praised the show for its realistic portrayal of college life, its humorous dialogues, its catchy songs, and its positive messages. They also appreciated the performances of the actors, especially Khaqan Shahnawaz and Mamya Shajaffar, who played Usman and Bilal respectively.
Some fans, however, were disappointed with the ending and felt that it was rushed and incomplete. They complained that some of the characters’ stories were left hanging or unresolved. They also expressed their dissatisfaction with the lack of romance and chemistry between some of the couples. They also criticized some of the plot holes and inconsistencies in the show.
Many fans expressed their hope for a second season of College Gate or a spin-off series that would continue the stories of their favorite characters. They also requested for more behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the cast and crew.
Here are some of the comments from the fans on social media:
- “College Gate was such a refreshing and relatable show. I loved every minute of it. The ending was perfect. It made me cry and smile at the same time. Thank you to everyone who worked on this amazing project. You guys rock!”
- “I’m sorry but I hated the ending of College Gate. It felt like they just wanted to end it quickly without giving proper closure to the characters. What happened to Shuja and Natalia? Did Zarrar win his case? Did Asad and Washma ever become more than friends? I feel cheated.”
- “College Gate was one of the best shows I’ve ever watched. It had everything: drama, comedy, music, friendship, family, social issues, etc. The cast was superb. Khaqan Shahnawaz stole my heart as Usman. He deserves an award for his performance. Mamya Shajaffar was also amazing as Bilal. He has such a beautiful voice.”
- “I’m so sad that College Gate is over. It was such a fun and entertaining show. I wish they would make a season 2 or a spin-off with some of the characters. I want to see more of Usman and Bilal’s bromance, Zara’s teaching career, Hina’s fashion business, etc.”
- “College Gate was a good show but it had some flaws. Some of the scenes were unrealistic or illogical. Some of the dialogues were cheesy or cringy. Some of the actors were not convincing or expressive enough. Some of the couples had no chemistry or spark.”
What are your thoughts on College Gate? Did you enjoy watching it? Did you like how it ended? Share your opinions in the comments below!