The Punjab government has recently launched an online facility for obtaining a driving learner’s license, which is a groundbreaking move to enhance public convenience and streamline the licensing process. The decision was taken considering the overwhelming number of people applying for licenses. Caretaker Chief Minister Mohsin Naqvi launched the online facility on Sunday. In a statement on X, Naqvi wrote that citizens can apply online through the Punjab Police app, and the service is also available at 737 police stations and all Khidmat Marakiz across Punjab.
How to Apply Online for a Learner’s License
To apply for a learner’s license online, follow these simple steps:
- Create an account on the DLIMS licensing website.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Generate payment slip ID and pay through ATM, online banking, or mobile banking channels.
Documents Required for Online Application
The following documents are required for online application:
- Applicant’s picture.
- Scanned copy/picture of original CNIC’s front and back.
- A medical certificate signed by a government doctor in case age is above 50 years.
It should be noted that earlier, the provincial cabinet had approved a massive hike in learner’s driving license fees. The fee has been increased from Rs. 60 to Rs. 1000, witnessing an increase of 1566%. However, citizens have until December 31 to make their licenses at the current rate. Starting January 1, 2024, a revised fee structure will be enacted.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. Please let us know your feedback and views on the article in the comments section below.