Windows 11 keeps on experimenting with new features and improvements. One of them is the integration of Copilot with Notepad to enhance its effectiveness. Notepad is a simple text editor that has been around since the early days of Windows. In this article, we will explore how AI can help you understand code snippets in Windows 11 Notepad. We will also share a few other features which are available for Windows 11 Insiders.
How AI Can Help You Understand Code in Windows 11 Notepad
What is Copilot in Windows 11?
Microsoft Copilot is an AI-powered intelligent assistant that is part of Windows 11. Copilot can help you get answers and inspiration from across the web. It can support your creativity, and collaboration and help you focus on the task at hand. Copilot can also explain log files, code segments, or any selected content directly from within Notepad.
How to Use Copilot in Windows 11 Notepad?
To use Copilot in Windows 11 Notepad, you need to be a Windows 11 Insider with the latest update installed. Then, you can follow these steps:
- Open Notepad and type or paste some code or text that you want to understand.
- Highlight the code or text and right-click on it. You should see an option called “Explain with Copilot”.
- Click on this option and a Copilot sidebar will appear, providing a concise explanation of the selected code or text.
- You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + E to launch Copilot after highlighting the code or text.
This feature can be very useful for navigating through complex log files and code snippets. This aspect can be very useful especially when traditional text editors fall short. It can also help you write web files directly in Notepad, simplifying the process for you.
What Else is New for Windows 11 Insiders?
Besides the Copilot integration with Notepad, Windows 11 Insiders can also enjoy other new features, such as:
- Snipping Tool allows you to capture screenshots and annotate them with shapes, such as circles, arrows, rectangles, and lines. This makes it easier to highlight and indicate specific parts of an image.
- The Camera app allows you to scan QR codes and join Wi-Fi networks by displaying the network information. This saves you the hassle of typing passwords or searching for network names.
- The Copilot app receives various tweaks and improvements, such as the ability to ask follow-up questions, generate images from your ideas, and summarize web pages.
These features are currently available only for Windows 11 Insiders. Microsoft plans to roll them out to all Windows 11 users in a future update. This will ensure that all users can benefit from the enhanced capabilities and improved user experience offered by these features.
With new integration, Windows 11 Notepad is not just a simple text editor anymore. It is now a powerful tool that can help you understand code snippets with the help of AI. Along with other new features for Windows 11 Insiders, such as the Snipping Tool, Camera app, and the Copilot app, Windows 11 is shaping up to be a great operating system for productivity and creativity.
What do you think of these new features? Have you tried them out? Let us know your feedback and views in the comments below.